Monday, November 9, 2009

Flickr

http://www.pimpampum.net/bubblr/?id=18553
Okay, so what you're thinking is how can this be useful in my class? I actually have a section that teaches about the different capabilities of the brain and I thought that it would be a fun idea to have kids use pictures found on flickr and create a fun comic strip stating something about the abilities of the brain. This one could be shown as an example. Kids would then be able to search the web for pictures to use and we could share them with the class. This could be something fun that allows the kids to put their new knowledge about the brain to use.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to comment, but I just felt too sleepy!

    No, actually, I think that having the students create the objects is even better than having use create them. Great idea!

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I was thinking! I thought it would mean more to them if they had the opportunity to make something small that related our new knowledge to something so ordinary and simple, a picture. It could be assigned as a homework assignment, emailed to the teacher and then shown to the class with a brief introduction given by each author.

    ReplyDelete